Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
- Grab your current read
- Open to a random page
- Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
- BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
- Share the title & author
A Field Guide for Heartbreakers by Kristen Tracy
Best friends Dessy and Veronica arrive in Europe with wildly different plans. Dessy hopes to heal her newly broken heart by diving into the creative writing workshop that brought the girls to Prague. Veronica’s plan, meanwhile, is to conquer as many hot-dudes as possible in one month—and help Dessy recycle her heart in the process. Her method:
· Dress like you are the party.
· Explore the terrain. (Moderate stalking is totally allowed.)
· Be adventurous. And that means being prepared to hide in your suitcase.
· Ask questions that make your hot-dude feel smart.
· Gloss early, gloss often, and bring gum. Because a kiss can happen when you least expect it!
At first, Veronica’s plan is working so well that Dessy thinks she might be a love genius. But soon it’s clear that Operation Maneater has a few holes. Like its failure to anticipate crazy mixed signals—and worse, its mysterious tendency to plague a friendship with secrets and lies.
Well, no one ever said breaking hearts was a simple craft…. – Goodreads
“But not big animals, ” He said. “I don’t want anything comedic like walruses or elephants humping each other.Page 208 in ARC